- Development of independent energy projects including renewable energy projects
- Project Finance and Utilities Finance
- Mergers & Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Gas connection, shipping, and storage
- Mineral and gas exploration and production
- Generation Networks and Storage projects
- Upstream projects
- Acquisition of interests and leveraged financing
- Leasing and asset finance
- Debt capital markets
- Petroleum and Minerals
- Commodities Trading in government and commercial sector in three commodities: gasoil, gasoline, aviation fuel. Specific focus in Horn of Africa managing a $50 m book.
- Developed pricing and secured Contract award of 20% share of Ministry of Electricity (MoE) Iraq of 35,000 MT pm of gasoil 06/2014. Contract award 150,000 MT. (c $140 M).
- Contract award Lukoil T251/2013 est 20 M litres for 24 month period started 09/2013 and Preferred bidder status on T300/2014 for 60 K MT over 24 months import gasoil 500 ppm
- Developed pricing for BLISS US Gov Contract for US DoD of $450 M est 5 years for gasoil
- Supervising procurement operations, pricing, margin optimisation, logistics & costs, finance terms, bank liaison for Documentary LC (letters of credit) & all operations aspects of shipping, logistics document control at load and disport for clean petroleum products (CPP).
- Opened the trading bank account with BNP Paribas, Geneva and completed all KYC process.
- Involved in leadership team for commissioning of the first international storage terminal for Gasoil 25,000 m3 in Khor Al Zubair Free Zone, Basra, Iraq
- Leadership of extension to 50,000 m3 gasoil, gasoline and Jet. & Further 50,000 m3 of fuel oil for bunkering business development.
- Formulated an overall strategy for successfully shifting the operations end of Ncondezi from a coal mine enterprise to a power generation and power distribution entity.
- Worked with KPMG, Mining & Energy division, led by Ajay Saldanha, to finalize the new corporate strategy for board approval and implementation.
- Assisted with the development of the MD&A (Management Discussion & Analysis) reports for compliance with London listing requirements.
- Led the working committee responsible for the Coal Supply Agreement (CSA) between the mining entity (Ncondezi Limitada) and the newly established Power Company (Ncondezi Energy).
- Co-Led the working group alongside Chris Schutte for the Operations & Maintenance (O&M) RFP as well as the finalized O&M contract which included the scope of work and responsibilities for the O&M operator.
- Worked on the Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC) contracts and assisted with the selection process.